"Speak Up" Contest
Sponsored by BingeNow and Talib Kweli
$12,000 in prize money!
We would like to thank all of the Speak Up contest participants for submitting videos to the
contest, and for sharing those videos with your friends, family, and fans. 642 videos (more
than 42 hours) were entered in the contest. Congratulations to our winners--your videos were
judged to be the best out of the hundreds of other fantastic videos that we received! Check
out the winning videos below—watch, share, and comment.
Grand Prize Winner ($10,000):
Division Winners ($1,000 each):
Division Top 10 (T-Shirts):
This is your chance to win cash and build upon
the greatness, integrity and creativity we love in Hip Hop (for instance,
Talib Kweli's Push Thru), Spoken Word/Motivational Speaking (for instance,
Saul Williams's Coded Language), and Soul/R&B music (for instance, Eric
Roberson's Still), by creating an entertaining video that does not glorify
violence, ignorance, or negativity.
BingeNow provides a home, an audience, and some
serious rewards for being a part of the positive movement.
- Starts Monday, February 25, 2013
- Ends Friday, May 23, 2013
How to Enter:
- Sign up
- Create or select one of your original videos to upload.
- Fill out our video upload form, and be sure to select a contest division for your video: Hip Hop, Spoken Word/Motivational Speaking, or Soul/R&B. Then upload your video.
- Must be original, i.e. you are the source of the content.
- "Speak Up" about some aspect of the positive, or the harsh and diverse, realities in society and hip hop life.
- It should not glorify violence, ignorance, or negativity.
- It should show quality and creativity, and must be greater than 1 minute in duration.
- 90% based on video quality and creativity as determined by a BingeNow panel of judges.
- 10% based on people coming to BingeNow.com as a result of sharing your video using the BingeNow SHARE button.
- Grand Prize of $10,000 cash - Video with the highest score.
- Two Division Prizes of $1,000 cash each - The videos that have the
highest scores in each of the other divisions.
- 30 Recognition Prizes of a BingeNow T-Shirt - The top 10 videos in each
Winners will be announced on Monday, May 27, 2013.
View Complete Contest Rules
Why Are We Doing This?
Too often, videos merely glorify violence, negativity,
and ignorance in society and hip-hop life. We know there are thousands of
individuals who will never get their shot to be heard, simply because they don't
follow the negative trend in the media industry or think they will not be
recognized for their talent. So "Speak Up"!!